Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Drilled final hole for engine mount through firewall.
- Drew outlines of where engine mount will penetrate the firewall.
- Fit and install engine mount
- Final fit on remaining floors (2 front most)
- Built sticks to prop open wing
- Proped open wing
- Studied the plans to see how control systems work, cables are routed, etc.
Expanding holes to allow engine mount to pass through firewall and contact fuselage
The firewall is not sandwiched between the engine mount and fuselage, instead it is mounted via tabs to the fuselage. The holes where the engine mount would come into contact with the firewall are expanded slightly to allow the engine mount to mount directly against the fuselage.
Firewall trimmed to allow engine mount to pass through for engine mount to fuselage direct contact
Prop open the bottom skin for working in the wing